You have defined an approval process for purchase order with condition Approval by Cost Center Manager by Value Limit however new purchase order fails to find an approver for the approval task and task is unassigned.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select New Purchase Order .
- Fill in all the mandatory details.
- Select Order button.
This condition Approval by Cost Center Manager by Value Limit will create an approval task for purchase order with non-stock items only.
But purchase orders with stock items and non-stock items assigned to a project are also sent for approval. However, an approver will not be determined and the system will create an unassigned task.
This is the standard system behavior and system behaves as designed.
you may also consider the following points,
- If you want to use this condition, try to use this condition in the last step of the approval process such that it wont disrupt other approval step. However it will still create an unassigned task if condition is not satisfied as explained above.
- You may check the checkbox Automatic Approval, if you do not want the step to create an unassigned task.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To