Instead of updating the existing items, the Item connector creates new items and inactivates the existing items.
SuccessFactor HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an item data file for an item connector with 1 to 2 records.
- Provide existing Item ID (CPNT_ID) and Item Type ID (CPNT_TYP_ID) but do not provide the REV_DTE (Revision Date for the items) in the item data file.
- Save the data and upload the file on the SFTP server
- Reschedule the Item Connector.
- Search the item with old revision.
- System inactivates the old item revision item and creates a new item with new revision date.
- There are 3 fields that must be provided in the item data file that identifies the item as unique. There are CPNT_ID, CPNT_TYP_ID and REV_DTE. If any of these data are different than the original item, system will identify it as a new item revision and hence it will create a new item and deactivate the old revision.
- If revision date field (REV_DTE) is not provided in Item connector data file then the connector defaults to the current runtime date. The revision date uses the database time zone.
- You can control the system action against the old revision with this Connector Property "item.connector.defaultValue.revision.inactivatePriorRevisions". You will find it in the Connector Property file.
- Provide the original creation date or last revision date of the item in Revision Date field (REV_DTE). Make sure the date has correct format according to the connector workbook.
- You may find how to get the correct revision timestamp through the UI using this note.
Connector, Item Connector, new item revision created, new revision , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem