You have created automatic payment run, which generated payment proposals for internally-initiated payments and you observe that even those open items which are not yet due were picked in the proposals
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Receivables work center
- Go to Automatic Payments view
- Show All Payment Proposals
- Select the Payment ID XYZ, and choose Edit
- Click on Open items tab
You will observe that payment which are not yet due for this run and due for the next payment run also got picked in the proposal
These Payment Runs are for Receivables and are meant to create incoming payments. When the system considers open items that would result in incoming payments,it will try to pay them as early as possible. So, even though the item is not overdue yet, the payment run considers these and creates payments.
In case you want to delay the creation of these payments, then you need to maintain required number of Grace Days in Business Configuration then these items that not yet overdue will not be picked up by the system.
- Go the Business Configuration work center and navigate to Fine Tuning
- Choose the activity Payment Strategies and click on Edit payment strategies
- Maintain Grace Days and other settings
- Save and Close
- Click on Assign Payment Strategy to Company/Customer/Supplier and assign the payment strategy to your customer in question.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To