The Java web viewer has the ability to select PDF or ActiveX Print modes
.NET Windows Form Viewer should have the ability to select the default PrintToPrinter or PrintOutputController.
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio
Reproducing the Issue
Enhancement Request. Idea Place
Idea Place suggestion -
After dropping the CR Windows.form.Viewer onto your form you will now see a new property called:
With the option to select
as the default print API when selecting the viewers Print button.
In code you can make this selectable also using the following:
- crystalReportViewer1.PrintMode = PrintMode.PrintToPrinter;
- crystalReportViewer1.PrintMode = PrintMode.PrintOutputController;
Note: The PrintToPrinter API has not changed and will be the default value.
PrintOutputController uses the same printer dialog box as Crsytal Reports Designer users so this should be more familiar to end users.
Please NOTE: One issue has been discovered where the Paper Tray value saved in the Report is not selected in the Printer Dialog box when using POC mode.
To control this using a registry key add the following:
For CR for VS SP 16:
- 32 bit machine: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports for .NET]
- 64 bit machine: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports for .NET]
For BI 4.1/4.2
- 32 bit machine: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports for .NET]
- 64 bit machine: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports for .NET]
Add "PrintMode" as String value:
- If the value is set to "PrintToPrinter", the WinForm will use PrintToPrinter to print the report.
- If the value is set to "PrintOutputController", the WinForm will use PrintOutputController to print the report.
- If other value is set, this key will not take effect.
- Both "PrintToPrinter" and "PrintOutputController" are case insensitive.
- This key will override the “PrintMode” set in Crystal Reports Viewer property page.
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, Windows.Form.Viewer, POC, P2P , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem