You have created a customized financial report based on a SAP Standard Financial data source and created a relative selection for characteristic Accounting Period/Year for example but the selection does not work.
For this example, we are using the data source G/L Account Period Totals / Balances (FINGLAU01).
SAP Business by Design
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and access the view Design Reports.
- Click New Report.
- Define a name for your newly created financial report and select the data source G/L Account Period Totals / Balances (FINGLAU01), then, click Next.
- In the next steps, select all relevant Key Figures and Characteristics for the report, then click Finish.
- Open your newly created report and click the value help for Accounting Period/Year for example.
- Select any relative selection from the list and click Go.
- See that the selection is not applied to the report.
Because of the Fiscal Year Variant, relative selections do not work with custom financial reports.
This is a known limitation in the system. You can, however, create a custom relative selection for a custom date.
Please note: the relative selection will work with custom financial report when opened from Business Analytics Work center. Therefore, the limitation does not apply to Business Analytics work center.
financial report; custom report; relative selection; selection; fiscal year; business analytics; selection does not work , KBA , relative selection , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement