You have created a customized report based in any of the SAP Standard Financials data sources and the relative selection for Accounting Period/Year is not working.
For this example, we are using the Data Source G/L Account Period Totals / Balances (FINGLAU01).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and access the view Design Reports;
- Click on New Report;
- Define a name for your newly created report and select the data source G/L Account Period Totals / Balances (FINGLAU01), then, click on Next;
- In the next steps select all relevant Key Figures and Characteristics for the report, then click on Finish.
- Open your newly created report and click on the value help for Accounting Period/Year;
- Select any relative selection from the list and click on Go;
- See that the selection is not applied to the report.
Because of the Fiscal Year Variant, Relative Selections won't work with custom financial reports.
This is a known limitation in the system. You can, however, create a custom relative selection for a custom date.
Please note: the relative selection will work with Custom financial report when opened from Business Analytics Work center. Therefore, the limitation doesn’t apply to Business analytics work center.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement