This article reviews the SFAPI feature.
How can a customer export or query on external job requisitions?
SF is no longer supporting and updating what was called “XML API”. Product management is recommending not using this anymore for new customers.
- The alternative is called “SF API” which is a Web service that the customer can use. The SuccessFactors API allows customers to export the SuccessFactors recruiting data to 3rd party systems via on demand calls out bound web service calls. SuccessFactors is supporting the data export from Success Factors system. All these entities can be exposed as SFAPI web service and retrieve the data based on the incoming request from the 3rd party portal for different input scenarios.
- Use cases:
- Retrieve the list of job posted
- Retrieve the list of job applications
- Retrieve the list of job requisitions
- See the Entity type guide for what is possible
- To setup this solution, there are some steps:
- File a ticket to CS to have the configuration guides
- Ask in the same ticket to enable this feature in provisioning
- [INTERNAL NOTE: Provisioning > Company Settings > Web Services > SFAPI and Enable SFAPI web services feature from Provisioning > Company Settings > Enable SFAPI web services (under Recruiting V2 Application) ]
- The user account that will be used for accessing the web services should have the permission granted for "API Login Permission" AND "SFAPI Entities Access Permission" option as below. The SFAPI Permission can be granted under Admin Tools -> Manage API Login Permission
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions