You are using the intercompany process to create sales order automatically based on the purchase order. You find that when the sales order item are confirmed by the ATP check, the confirmed quantity is taken back to the purchase order acknowledge and the purchase order as the requested quantity instead of the original requested quantity. You expect the requested quantity in purchase documents remains the same no matter how many quantity are confirmed in the follow-up sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open sales order 123. (123 represents the ID of the sales order).
- From Items tab, you can see the Requested Quantity is, for example 100 ea and the Confirmed Quantity is 50 ea.
- From Document Flow tab, open the purchase order acknowledge ABC. (ABC represents the ID of the purchase order acknowledge).
- You can see the Ordered Quantity is 50 ea instead of the original requested 100 ea quantity.
Purchase Order Acknowledge is created with confirmed quantity and supplier status.
For example, for a purchase order item with requested quantity as 100 ea, if only 50 ea gets confirmed via ATP then Purchase Order Acknowledge would get created showing ordered quantity, acknowledged quantity and supplier status. If user is not happy with ordered quantity and acknowledged quantity deviation then you can choose to reject deviation.
If user accepts the deviation with supplier status as Accepted then whatever is maintained in the acknowledged quantity will become the new ordered or requested quantity on the Purchase Order. In case you want to do partial acknowledgement then the supplier status should be sent as pending.
This is the correct system behavior as designed.
KBA , AP-LP , Lead Processing , How To