1. How to insert a generic flash link in the Flash Feature found under Portlets (while editing)?
2. If I insert a generic flash link in the flash feature, I just end up with an empty window afterwards.
Example: Below is an example of the issue
1. This is not a bug. This is by design.
2. See this little documentation http://ckeditor.com/addon/flash
3. The "Flash Properties" is for display the properties file, not for the html page which contains flash properties file.
4. It will generate something like this:
Where "https://www.youtube.com/v/M7lc1UVf-VE?version=3&autoplay=1" is pointing to the flash file with "M7lc1UVf-VE".
5. There are instructions of how to use YouTube’s links, where you could understand this feature better: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters
6. For example: If the URL from YouTube is -
Then you should modify that to be as follows:
Ø MP4 upload is not supported. ".mp4" file extension won't be rendered inside as a video player.
Ø We can only insert URLs and cannot browse for any file on the local machine. From within flash, we only have an option to insert/add URLs and not browse.
Ø For gif or animated picture files, they don't work with this "Flash properties" feature. Animate "pictures" are still pictures. Hence please use "Picture Properties" to do that:
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To