- How to change the name of a Command Object?
- Unable to find an option to change the name of the Command.
- How to rename a Crystal Reports Command Object, to a more significant name?
- In Crystal Reports, when adding a custom SQL Query to a report, the name is automatically set to: "Command", how to modify the name?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report, and connect to a data source.
- In the "Database Expert", under the data source you want to write a custom SQL Query for, double click on "Add Command"
- In the "Command" window, enter the SQL Query, and click "OK"
- Back to the "Database Expert" window, notice the default name is: "Command".
How to change the name of the Command Object?
- To change the Command Object name in Crystal Reports:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "Database", select "Database Expert..."
- In the "Database Expert" window, under "Selected Tables", click on the Command to select it.
- On the keyboard, hit the key "F2"
A black square will appear around the Command name, which indicate you can now edit the name.
- Enter the desired name for the Command, and click "OK" to accept the change.
cmd object, CR, cr, rename , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013