- When trying to log to SAP BI from Lumira, it returns the error:
"Unable to connect to the BI Platform. Check your connection settings. (HDB 05408)"
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.27 and above
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Lumira desktop.
- Connect to SAP BI.
- Enter values for Username, Password and select appropriate Authentication type from the drop-down.
- Check Remember me if desired.
- Click Connect.
- Error is returned: "Unable to connect to the BI Platform. Check your connection settings. (HDB 05408)"
- Some possible causes are:
- Proxy settings setup incorrect, or not setup.
- SAP BI Server RESTful URL is incorrect.
- Firewall blocking RESTful port 6405 (default).
- Below are potential solutions for each of the cause:
- Confirm the proxy is set correctly in Lumira:
- In Lumira, under the menu "File", select "Preferences"
- In SAP Lumira Preferences, select "Network"
- In the "Network", configuration, ensure you have the correct proxy setting. ( If you have no proxy, select the option "No Proxy" )
For additional information, see the SAP Knowldege Base Article: 2270592
- Allow access to the RESTful services port:
- Check with your SAP BusinessObjects BI administrator to confirm which port number the RESTful services is using.
- Allow access to the default RESTful services port 6405, or the one provided by your SAP BusinessObjects BI administrator.
BI Lumira HDB05408 HDB 05408 BOE BI BusinessObjects SAP Plat form param , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0