You are creating a new Planning Proposal and system does not select a List Price with lowest price as Source of Supply for the Proposal. You expect system to select the List Price with lowest price. Please note that the Product for which you are creating proposal is Externally Procured.
SAP Business ByDesign all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Control or Supply Planning work center.
- Select the option New Planning Proposal from the Common Tasks view.
- In New Planning Proposal screen choose Add Row button.
- Enter Product ID, Planning Area ID and Quantity.
- System has selected a List Price which does not have the lowest price as Source of Supply.
While determining Source of Supply in Planning, system does not compare the price of all available List Price documents for a product. System will randomly pick the first List Price it encounters while creating a Proposal for the Product.
The system is working as designed. However, if you mark the List Price with lowest price as Fixed Source of Supply, system will always select this list price as Source of Supply when a Proposal is created. Please follow the below given steps to do so.
- Go to Sourcing and Contracting work center.
- Navigate to the Source Determination: Fixed Sources of Supply view.
- Choose the button New and select the option Fixed Source of Supply.
- Enter the relevant Product in the field Product and choose the button Get Sources of Supply.
- System will display available Sources of Supply. You can mark the relevant Source of Supply as Fixed Source of Supply, by selecting the check box Fixed against your desired Source of Supply.
- Choose the button Save and then Close the page.
Source of Supply, List Price, Source Determination , KBA , source of supply , source determination , list price , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , AP-SOU-SOS , Source of Supply , How To