You want to post a journal entry voucher for a general ledger accounts whose account assignment type is PRO-PROJECT TASK and you expect that the system uses the profit center that is assigned in the organizational structure to the responsible cost center of the project.
However, the system gives the error message Enter A Profit Center Or Define A Default Profit Center For Sub-ledger Without Sub-ledger.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries view.
- Go to Journal Entry Vouchers sub view.
- Create a new Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select Journal Entry Type 00047 - Manual Posting - Journal Entry Voucher and screen variant 601 - Journal Entry Voucher.
- Add a row, specify the G/L Account, and make the debit assignment to project.
- Add another row, and specify the G/L Account for the credit assignment.
The system gives the error message: Enter a profit center or define a default profit center for sub-ledger Without Sub-ledger.
Journal Entry Vouchers does not support support this logic where Profit Center can be inherited from one item to another. Each item is responsible for deriving its own Profit Center. Hence if for an item there is no preceding document from which system can derive the Profit Center for E.g. project or cost center then a default Profit Cent needs to be maintained if the reporting principle is with balancing or with clearing.
There are two ways to avoid the error message and post the Journal Entry Voucher.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Fine Tuning activity Profit Center Derivation.
- Select Edit Default Profit Center.
For each company, you need to specify which profit center is derived by default for journal entry line items. You specify a default profit center for each sub-ledger. The system applies the particular default profit center whenever it cannot automatically derive a profit center from data stored in the source document and since we do not have any source we have to maintain this setting and if the GL Account selected in the Journal Entry Voucher lines belong to a miscellaneous ledger then select the sub-ledger as Without Sub-ledger or leave it as blank so that it applies to all.
Enter profit center manually and do not expect system to assign profit center based on account assignment PROJECT.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To