- Fail to connect to Salesforce from Lumira
- When attempting to connect to Salesforce.com from SAP Lumira Desktop, it fails with the error:
"Driver error: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. ..."
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.x
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Lumira Desktop.
- As the error message indicate, it fails to connect to Salesforce.com due to one of the following reasons:
- Invalid username; or
- Invalid password; or
- Invalid or missing security token; or
- The user is locked out; or
- You are trying to connect to a Salesforce.com Sandbox, which is not supported. ( For more information see the SAP Knolwedge Base Article 2044699 )
- Verify if the Salesforce.com user name and password are correct by login to the Salesforce.com in a browser using the url: https://login.salesforce.com
- If it fails, then contact your Salesforce.com Administrator to obtain a valid user name and password, or unlock the Salesforce.com account.
- If you can successfully login, then you just confirmed the user name and password are correct, and the user account is not locked. It will then mean you are missing or using incorrect token. To be able to successfully connect to Salesforce.com, follow the steps below to set, or reset your Salesforce.com Security Token.
More Information regarding Salesforce Security Token:
To connect to Salesforce.com from outside your company’s trusted network using external application, like SAP Lumira Desktop, you use a security token to log in. A Security Token, is a case-sensitive generated key that you append at the end of your Salesforce User password when login from a client application like SAP Lumira Desktop.
- To set, or reset the Salesforce Security Token in Salesforce.com, follow the steps below:
Note: The following steps are for Salesforce.com product, and are added for your convenience only. If you have any questions on this subject, contact Salesforce.com support, or search the Salesforce.com support website.
- In a web browser, login to Salesforce.com using your user account at: https://login.salesforce.com
- In Salesforce.com, click the down arrow next to your name, and select "My Settings"
- In the left Pane, expand "Personal", and select "Reset My Security Token"
- In the "Reset My Security Token" page, click on "Reset Security Token"
- An email will be sent to your email account with the security token
- Login to your email, and copy the security token.
- When connecting to Salesforce.com from an external application, like SAP Lumira Desktop, concatenate the password with the security token to login.
If your password = "mypassword"
Your security token = "XXXXXXXXXX"
You must enter "mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX" in place of your password
sales force log on logon , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , BI-LUM-SRV , SAP Lumira Server , BI-LUM-OD , SAP Lumira Cloud , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0