The default value set for a Bex variable is not reflected in dashboard when it is changed
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboard
Reproducing the Issue
- Define a restriction with a default value for a characteristic is a Bex query.
- Create an OLAP connection and link it to the Bex query defined in steps 1
- Use the Query Browser in dashboard and select the OLAP conection created in steps 2 to add the Bex query, the default value is correctly displayed in the prompt window.
- Refresh the query and notice that the default value is always used for the prompt.
- Modify the Bex query by changing the default value.
- Refresh the dashboard, the change is not reflecetd, the last selected value continue to be used for the prompt.
This a by Design Behavior, the same occurs in webi.
- Edit the usage option of the query in dashboard and uncheck the option "Refresh before Components Are Loaded", otherwise, the query will be refreshed with the last selected value
- Add a "Query Prompt Selector" component and use it to select the prompt value and also to refresh the query.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem