You have information you want to add to the statement that is not available by default in the statement editor to add. You can add basically any extra field value using custom fields. In this example we will use Manager Name,
How do we add a new field to the statement that is not currently available on the statement?
You want to include a field to your statement (for example Manager’s name) but can’t find this field under Statement template editor.
Currently Manager’s Name is not included in the standard Compensation Statements.
Below is a way to include Manager’s Name in the Standard compensation statements by creating a custom column. This same method can be used for any custom data not currently available by default.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is only possible when you have not launched the compensation forms already because we need to add a custom column to the Form template.
If you need any formatting changes not possible in the editor then you will need to engage our Business Transformation Services Team to create a custom Statement template for you.
Kindly check the process of Custom statement over here.
- Go to Admin Tools
- Compensation Home
- Plan Setup
- Design Worksheet->Design Worksheet
- Click on Add Column
- Then click on “Custom”
- In Column Name type in “Manager Name” or anything else.
- Select the field to be “Read Only” and type as “String”
- In Other Options :
- Hide this column on the form: Check this if you wish to hide this column on the form
- Exportable hidden column: Check if you have checked the above option(Would help CS Team in troubleshooting)
- Reloadable: Check
- In the Import Key Provide any import key like “CustomManagerName”
- Click Save on Top Left.
- Now do an employee export including compensation data for this template
- Search for column “CustomManagerName”(or whatever import key you entered) in the CSV file
- Fill in the Manager’s Name for all employees in this column.
- Save the file and import it back to the system.
- Now go to Admin tools and Select the appropriate Statement template
- Click on Add Compensation Field
- Here you’ll be able to find the Custom column “Manager Name” that you added to the form template.
Generate your statement to view output.
KBA , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To