When we view the Job and Compensation Information pages for any employee in the system, we get a script error and the page/history does not load.
When we view the Job and Compensation Information pages for any employee in the system, we get a script error and the page/history does not load. When viewing the Employment Information page, the information is displayed without error. Why is that?
- Employee Central 2.0
There could be a number of reasons why the error is occurring. Please check the following -:
- Job Information: Are there any errors in the historical Job Information data for the impacted employee?
- You can check this by running Person & Employment Export reports on Job Information and Compensation Information data. If there is a data issue identified, please reimport the impacted data using the Full Purge import option, with the data corrections included.
- Compensation Information: Does the initial (1st) Compensation Information record for the employee have the same Effective Date set as the Intial Job Information record?
- You can check this by running Person & Employment Export reports on Job Information and Compensation Information data (run 1 report for each column set). If the dates do not match, please reimport the initial Compensation Information record and subsequent history using the Full Purge import option, with the date correction included. The system does require that the initial Compensation Information record has the same effective start date as the Hire record
- Compensation Information: Pay Component Group(s) used in the calculation of fields such as Compa-Ratio and Range Penetration are missing an associated Pay Component when the association is made required.
- This can happen when you have Pay Component Groups configured in your instance. If a Pay Component Group has been configured to be used for the calculation of Compa-Ratio and/or Range Penetration, but the Pay Component Group is missing the associated Pay Component AND the association is required, then an error will occur. The simple solution to this is to either associate a Pay Component with the Pay Component Group, or, if the Pay Component Groups feature is not being used, configure the association mapping to be not-required. For customers, you will need to raise a support ticket to have your configuration updated.
- Job AND Compensation Information: The “employee-status” picklist is either missing values or some of the values are set to “DELETED” or “OBSOLETED”.
- In this case, ALL of the employee-status picklist values should be set to “ACTIVE”. If they are not, or some values are missing, then this will cause both History pages not to load. Please contact support if you are unable to determine which values are missing from the picklist.
- Job OR Compensation Information: Are there multiple records with the end-date of 12/31/9999 loaded into the section?
- You can check this by running Person & Employment Export reports on the impacted set of data, such as Job Info, to verify that only 1 record has this end date set. If more than 1 record is identified with this end date, then you will need to reimport the data again to correct the date issue. When you do reimport the data, ensure that the End Date value is blank for all rows as the system will add this value automatically.
- The error can also be caused by records with date overlaps. This is due to importing the Job Info or Comp Info data where records have a time slice (start and end date) overlap. For example the end date of 1 record is dated after the start date of the next record in the history, causing dates to overlap. This causes the system to error. The error can occur in Comp Info even if the data issue is in Job Info. This is because all data is linked to Job Information. When the system queries the data and 2 records are returned, the error is generated because duplicate records are found active of the start date of the record you are landing on, in the History view. This error usually only occurs when viwing the History but can occur when viewing the Employment Information page also.
Application Error Comp Info Error Compensation Information Error History Error Data Issue , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To