While previewing shipping Label ID created against an outbound delivery, system does not display External Reference ID maintained in a relevant Sales Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics Work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks View and select Labels sub view.
- Select All Labels in the field Show using drop down.
- Search the relevant Label ID and select it.
- Choose Preview button.
- Here while previewing the label, system does not displays the External Reference ID maintained in the Sales Order.
The value in field External Reference ID in a sales order is a reference of a External Purchase Order ID. To display this value you will have to make changes in the form template Uniform Label Content.
In order to get the value from field External Delivery Reference ID from Sales Order, please follow below given steps :
- Go to the Application and User Management Work Center.
- Go to Form Template maintenance sub view.
- Find the form template Uniform Label Content.
- Select and open with Easy Form Editor.
- In the section, select Label Data and add field BusinessTransactionDocumentReferences-PurchaseOrderID with technical name :PurchaseOrderID in a form.
- Include the field and rename the same as per your requirement in a template and make it Show Always.
- Then Publish it.
KBA , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To