You created or migrated the accounts ABC and DEF in your C4C system and activated them as prospects. You want to modify their master data by using the activity Migration of Customers for SAP Cloud for Customer. Nevertheless you did not change the information from the Prospect field in the migration template, the prospect flag for the accounts ABC and DEF is getting removed after finishing the migration.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Select the Accounts view.
- Open the account ABC.
- Check the Prospect flag in the header pane from the left side of the screen.
- Save your changes.
- Perform the same for the account DEF.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend tab.
- Open the activity Migration of Customers for SAP Cloud For Customer.
- Click Migrate customers using the Migration Tool.
- Click You Can Also - Download Migration Template.
- Fill in the data to be changed for the accounts ABC and DEF, but do not touch the values in the Prospect column.
- Upload the template back to the system by using the option Upload - Data from Migration Template.
- Click Properties and change the Migration Mode to Modify already existing records.
- Click Execute Migration - Execute Migration Step by Step and finish the migration.
- Check the accounts ABC and DEF in the Customers work center - you will see that the Prospect flag has been removed.
When downloading the migration template by using You Can Also - Download Migration Template, the Prospect column will be empty by default in the migration template, meaning that the records will not be populated with the X value. Hence, the system will not recognize the accounts ABC and DEF as prospects anymore and will remove their Prospect flag after the migration.
This behaviour applies for all indicator fields for all migration objects. The system overwrites indicator field selections every time an existing record is enhanced and migrated.
If you wish to retain the relevant selections in the system, you must maintain them again while enhancing the record. For example, to retain a particular customer as a prospect in the system, you must maintain the value X in the Prospect field before migrating the enhanced record.
You can find additional information in the ByD help document Configuration: Prepare for Data Migration in a Change Project.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To