You are trying to migrate open items receivable via Migration Tool, however you get a date format error.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Open the activity list of the relevant project.
- Open activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the migration unit that you are using to migrate the open items or create a new migration unit.
- Click Execute Migration.
- In the Process Files step, Click Upload File for the Open Items Receivable object.
- Browse your xml migration file and start the upload.
A dialog window is shown stating an Undefined Date Format. File contains some date values for which the format could not be determined. Correct these entries before executing migration.
The attributes that carries a Date parameter, such as Document Date and/or Base Line Date, have one or more records in the file with, for example, time details alongside the Date. The cells itself are formatted to display only date information, hence you have to select the concerned cell and refer to its content in the Formula Bar.
In order to be able to upload your excel file and process it in the migration tool, you have to remove the time details so that the fields are populated only with Date.
In case you have many records, you may copy all the column content to a Notepad, you'll see that only the Date is copied due to cell formatting, and copy the Notepad content back to the excel file only with Date information.
You must review your file and make sure that all the records have the correct date assigned back, before you upload the same into the system.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To