In a Journal Entry Voucher you want to select G/L account XYZ. But in the G/L account value help this account can't be selected.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Journal Entries - Journal Entry Vouchers view.
- Press New - Journal Entry Voucher.
- Maintain company DEF and all other mandatory data, such as Journal Entry Type, Screen Variant etc.
- In the G/L Account column click into the value help and search for account XYZ.
- The account is not displayed here.
In the easiest of cases the G/L account XYZ is not assigned to the charts of accounts of the company and set of books combination that you have selected in the journal entry voucher.
You need to check the Chart of Accounts (CoA) and Set of Books (SoB) set up in Business configuration:
To find out to which Chart of Accounts account XYZ is assigned to:
- Navigate to the Business Configuration workcenter and here to the Implementation Projects view.
- Open the Activity list and go to the Fine Tune phase.
- Find the Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination activity and press Open. If your system is live already, navigate to the Business Configuration- Overview and open the activity from here via View or Change immediately.
- Click on the Edit chart of accounts link.
- In the top table select a chart of accounts.
- In the table below use the filter function to look for G/L account XYZ.
- You find out that the account XYZ is assigned to chart of accounts ABC.
- Note down the charts of accounts.
To find out which set of books this chart of accounts ABC and which company is assigned to this CoA-SoB combination:
- Navigate to the Business Configuration workcenter and here to the Implementation Projects view
- Open the Activity list and go to Integrate and Extend phase.
- Find the Set of Books activity and press Open. If your system is live already, navigate to the Business Configuration- Overview and open the activity from here via View or Change immediately.
- In the new window look for the set of books for which chart of accounts ABC is displayed in the Chart of Accounts column.
- In the Details table below check which company(-ies) is (are) assigned to this CoA-SoB combination.
- You can see company DEF is not listed here. Instead, company GHI is displayed.
- Because company DEF is not assigned to CoA ABC and the respective set of books you can't select account XYZ in the journal entry voucher.
- In the journal entry voucher change the company to GHI. Then it will be possible to select G/L account XYZ.
Should the G/L account still not be available, other Business Configuration settings will have to be evaluated.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To