- Error: "Unknown Error"
- Unable to login to SAP BW from Lumira.
- When attempting to connect to an SAP BW System in Lumira, it fails, and displays the error: "Unknown Error"
- SAP Lumira 1.x
- SAP BW 7.3
- SAP BW 7.4
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP Lumira, under the menu "File", select "New"
- In the "New Dataset" window, select "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse", and click "Next"
- In the "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse" screen, select the SAP BW Server, enter the client, language, user and password, and click "Connect"
It will display the error: "Unknown Error"
- This error will display if one of the following information entered to connect to the selected SAP BW System is incorrect:
- Client ID
- Other reasons for this error to occur are because the User account:
- Is locked; or
- A New Password needs to set for the user due to the policy on the SAP System to change password on a regular interval; or
- The initial Password needs to be set, because the user account was set with a temporary password.
- To successfully connect to an SAP BW System from Lumira, ensure you are entering:
- The correct login information for the SAP BW System ( Client ID, Language, User, Password ),
- The user account is not locked, and
- The user account does not required a password change.
- The best way to confirm all of the above, it's to connect to the same SAP BW System from the SAP Logon, installed on the same computer as Lumira.
- Once you confirm you can connect successfully to the SAP BW System from the SAP Logon, you should then be able to connect successfully to the same SAP System in Lumira.
- If you are still experiencing issues connecting to an SAP BW System from Lumira, then see the following SAP Knowledge Base Articles for other potential causes:
Lumira Desktop, Unknwon Error, fails, SAP BW , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Lumira, desktop edition all versions ; SAP Lumira, desktop edition all versions