- Error: Database Connector Error: 'Cannot obtain error message from server.'
- No data returned on a report based on a Salesforce.com connection.
- When refreshing a report based on Salesforce.com Stored Procedure or tables in Crystal Reports, it fails with the errors:
"Failed to retreive data from the database"
"Database Connector Error: 'Cannot obtain error message from server.' "
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report, and select the Salesforce.com connection.
- Select any Stored Procedure or tables and connect
- Drag and drop any field to Details section of the report.
- Refresh the report.
It will then display the error: "Database Connector Error: 'Cannot obtain error message from server.' "
- The report was set to perform the query asynchronously, which is not supported when reporting off a Salesforce.com Stored Procedure or Tables.
- Uncheck the report option "Perform Query Asynchronously":
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Report Options"
- In the "Report Options" window, uncheck the option "Perform Query Asynchronously"
- Click "OK", and save the report.
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "Options"
- In the "Options" window, under the tab "Database", uncheck the option "Perform Query Asynchronously"
CR2013, SFDotCom, SFDC reports, SProc, Simba , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016