You want to maintain a VAT Declaration for each Business Residence in the company but once you want to schedule various VAT Return Runs, you get the error message: Tax return XXX already exists for period dd-mm-yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy.
Reproducing the Issue
- Goto Work Center Tax Management
- Select view Periodic Tasks
- Choose VAT Return Runs
- Press New - Tax Return Run
- Enter the necessary variables and choose Set To Active
- In previous screen select relevant run and press Schedule
- Try to perform steps 1 to 6 again for the same period and you will get error message Tax return XXX already exists for period dd-mm-yy to dd-mm-yy
Every company receives only one VAT-ID, even if the company has various Business Residences (UStG Paragr. 1 Abs. 2 Satz 3). Subcompanies do not get any VAT-ID's (UStG § 3a Abs. 3 Satz 2, 3f, 3g und Abs. 25 Satz 4 - UStDV § 1 Satz 2).
For further information for German companies see link below:
For additional information for Austrian companies see link below:
The system works as designed. In Germany and Austria it is not possible to maintain VAT ID's for Business Residences.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To