When checking the Journal Entry for a Customer Invoice, you notice that the Profit Center used does not correspond to the Profit Center of the assigned Sales Unit.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Open the Invoice Documents view.
- Open Invoice ABC and check the Sales Unit in the Items tab.
- Switch to the Document Flow tab and open the Journal Entry of the Customer Invoice.
- When checking the line(-s) posted to sales accounts, you notice that the Profit Center for these postings does not correspond to the Sales Unit used in the invoice. Checking the Sales Order Item assigned to this Customer Invoice confirms that it uses the same correct Sales Unit.
The Profit Center of a Sales Order Item is determined by its Sales Unit - this is done automatically only once at the creation of the item. If the Sales Unit of a Sales Order Items gets changed manually afterwards, the Profit Center stays the same and is still used in Customer Invoices referenced to this Sales Order Item.
If you have made manual changes to the Sales Unit assignment of a Sales Order Item and want the change to be reflected in the Profit Center assignment as well, you have to perform the following manual correction:
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Open the Sales Document Items view and find the relevant item.
- Click on Reassign and then Profit Center.
- Enter the Profit Center which corresponds to the new Sales Unit you assigned for the Sales Order Item beforehand.
- Click on OK.
All Customer Invoices referenced to this Sales Order Item that are posted after this change will now use the updated Profit Center.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To