You are unable to post a Supplier Invoice due to below error message :
Business Residence cannot be determined. There may be an error in system configuration. If the message appears, several things can be wrong. Report an incident.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing Work center.
- Go to Invoices and Credit Memos View.
- Select All Documents using drop down and find the relevant Invoice ID.
- Select the ID and Edit it.
- Choose Post button.
- System displays the above error message.
This is because you have Delimited the Supplier Invoicing function for relevant Business Residence with id ABC in Organizational Structure.
You have to extend the Validity Date of your business residence. Please follow the below given steps to do so.
- Go to the Organizational Management WorkCentre.
- Go to the Org Structures View.
- Using Find button, search for relevant Business Residence ID.
- Select and Edit it.
- Navigate to Timelines tab.
- Scroll Down and search for Attribute: Functions.
- Under column Value, find Supplier Invoicing.
- Here extend the Validity Date: Valid to Unlimited.
- Perform Save and choose option Activate Selected Structure using Activate button.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To