An invoice request is inconsistent due to the error that the organization sales unit must have organizational role sales and that the sales unit does not belong to seller the company. You notice the currently the sales unit is not valid but was valid for the invoice date.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the invoice request).
- You can see that the status is Inconsistent.
- Click on the Check button.
- The following Error messages appear:
Organization Sales Unit ID ABC must have organizational role Sales (ABC represents the sales unit maintained in the invoice request).
Party with role Sales Unit does not belong to seller company EFG (EFG represents the seller company of the invoice request).
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Org Structures view.
- Locate org unit ABC.
- Navigate to the Timelines tab.
- You can see that the org unit ABC is currently not valid but was valid on the invoice date of the invoice request.
This is the current system behaviour.
The check for the validity of the sales unit is not depended from the invoice date but only from the current date.
We have forwarded the request of the functionality take the invoice date into consideration when checking the validity of the sales unit as feedback to our product planning process. We are continuously extending our products with new functions and appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately it is not possible for our Support Team to provide you additional information regarding the availability of this feature in a future release. For further information regarding your request please contact your sales contact (Account Manager/Customer Advocate/Solution Advisor).
In the meantime, you need to extend the validity of the respective sales unit to the current date in order to make the invoice request consistent and to be able to process the invoice request further.
Should the invoice request already be processed e.g. invoiced, you can ignore the inconsistency.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To