- You are wondering how the 'Reset' button in the item / scheduled offering notification settings in the LMS admin section works.
- Does the "Reset" button in the Notification settings of an item / scheduled offering do anything?
- Is there any way, aside from manually editing the configuration at the item / offering level, to restore the association between item / offering notification configuration and the global template?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (all supported versions)
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to an item / scheduled offering in your LMS Admin section and click on 'More'.
- Click on the Notifications tab and go to section 'Edit the Scheduled Offering Cancellation Notification for the Item'.
- Change the body section and apply the changes
- Click on button "Reset".
- The template is not reset / restored to the default template.
Standard systems behaviour.
There is no automatic way to restore the association between the item notification configuration and the global template.
Please see the help file, section 'Editing Notification Templates' (System Admin - Configuration - Notification Templates - Editing), for this:
When you modify a system notification template ID, you update every item or scheduled offering notification message that you have not modified and that uses the associated system notification template ID.
However, if you modify the notification for an item or scheduled offering (on the Notifications tab), then you permanently break the link between the item or scheduled offering notification and the system notification template ID.
Similarly, you can modify a notification message for a scheduled offering by modifying the notification message for the item that the scheduled offering is based on.
If you modify the notification message for the scheduled offering (on the Notifications tab), then you permanently break the link between the scheduled offering notification and the item notification.
The Reset button in the item will only reset to the original values if you have not pressed 'Apply Changes' yet. Once this is done, the link to the global template is broken.
reset, lms, learning, admin tool, notification, learning plan, item notification, scheduled offering, how-to , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-SER , Config. Consulting & Service Requests , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , Admin Tools , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , How To