You have created a sales order against a customer project. You want to book the sales order line item against multiple projects.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order work center.
- Navigate to Sales Orders view.
- Select the relevant sales order and choose the Edit button.
- Choose View All button in basic view screen and navigate to the Items tab.
- Select the line item you want to book against multiple projects.
You can see that there is no option to add additional project details for the selected line item.
In SAP ByDesign you will not be able to book the cost of a sales order line item to two different project/ project tasks. However you can collect costs and revenues on a project and then distribute them to its subprojects. You can define subprojects as project tasks of the main project.
The system is working as designed.
KBA , LOD-LE-SUR-DEF , Survey definition = design time , How To