You are not able to save and release times even though Projects are released and Project Tasks are assigned to a Sales Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Home work center.
- Navigate to Self Services view.
- Click on Edit Time Sheet.
- Release the relevant tasks.
You get an error message: Activity not valid
In work center Business Configuration the Actual hours worked have to be activated and the Default values for time recording have to be maintained properly.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Press Overview.
- Use an asterisk to search for all entries with Time Types <*Time Types*>.
- Click on Time Types - Germany (or respective country).
- Select Maintain Employee Time Types.
- Under Actual Hours worked, Service Activation the checkbox Time Sheet has to be checked see Attachment 1.
- Click Save and Close or Close if checkbox is already selected.
- Press Activate for Time Recording Services.
- Choose Time Sheet.
- DE0001 - Actual Hours Worked must be shown in Activated Time Types see Attachment 2.
- Go back to work center Business Configuration.
- Press Overview
- Use an asterisk to find entries with <*Time Recording*>
- Click on Default Values for Time Recording - Germany
- Default Value for Time Recording using Service Product must be Actual hours worked see Attachment 3.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Product Enhancement