- This KBA focuses only on Legacy picklists. For MDF picklists see KBA 2328179 - Legacy to MDF Picklist Migrations | General Information
- This document describes the solution for resolving the Boomi Process execution error message.
- You receive an error message:
"Pickist External Code is Blank: PicklistID(*****),OptionID(*****), en_US(****) in your Boomi process."
- Platform Services & Tools
- In your Successfactors System, while maintaining the Picklists, you have not defined the External Code for the combination of Picklist & OptionID mentioned in the error message.
- A sample picklist with undefined External Codes would look like below:
- For above picklist the error message will look like:
Pickist External Code is Blank: PicklistID(STATE_USA),OptionID(10782), en_US(Puerto Rico)PicklistID(STATE_USA),OptionID(10783), en_US(Ontario)PicklistID(STATE_USA),OptionID(10784), en_US(Quebec).
- The error is self explanatory and it clearly tells the Picklist ID, Option ID for which the External code is not maintained.
- In order to resolve the error message please follow the below mentioned steps:
- Login to your Successfactors Instance and then go to Admin Tools > Picklist Management > Picklists
- Select "Export all picklist(s)".
- Click Submit. Save and open the CSV file.
- Search for the Picklist ID mentioned in the error message.
- Now enter the missing External codes for the combination of Picklist ID and Option ID.
- Save changes to the picklist file.
- Select "Import Picklist". Choose the CSV file to import.
- Once the picklist is imported with External Codes, you can run your Boomi process and it should execute successfully.
KBA , sf boomi , sf benefitfocus , sf iflow , sf ec to benefitfocus integration pack , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions