- Dear valued customer,
I am writing to share some exciting news with you regarding your SAP Jam, premier edition. Since the merging of SuccessFactors and SAP, we have redefined our social software strategy to enable social collaboration where you’re working to help deliver measurable results to you and your business. As part of the charge ahead, several important updates are occurring, including the addition of new features and retirement of other features.
- Platform Services & Tools
Engage your extended business network
- Every day our customers come up with new ideas on how to use social collaboration to streamline work and simplify processes. With our newly released external collaboration capabilities, you can better engage and work with recruits, customers, partners, vendors, or suppliers by creating a company-branded collaborative environment for external participants, separate from your internal social network, and manage the lifecycle of participants. These new capabilities are available if you choose to upgrade from SAP Jam, premier edition.
- Additionally, you can continue to collaborate with external participants via the standard provisioning process in the SuccessFactors BizX platform.
- Some customers were also taking advantage of the cross-company group feature in SAP Jam. This feature is being retired in SAP Jam, including in the premier edition1, in order to better address how companies want to collaborate with their customers and partners. Moving ahead, you will be able to access and collaborate in any existing cross-company group, but you will no longer be able to create new cross-company groups.
Bring SAP Jam into more business processes
- 2012 was a substantial year for expanding SAP Jam’s support of processes for HR, sales, marketing, customer service, and finance. With your SAP Jam, premier edition, you can enjoy the benefits of integration with the SuccessFactors BizX platform, the pairing of formal and informal learning with SuccessFactors Learning Management System and SAP Jam, as well as enhancements to social onboarding directly in SAP Jam.
- And SAP Jam is now the one single, social solution for your entire business. If you choose to upgrade from Jam premier edition, you can take advantage of new integrations with SAP Sales OnDemand, SAP CRM, or SAP Financials OnDemand for collaborative opportunity management, social campaign management, or collaborative budgeting and forecasting. Your employees, customers, and partners can work in a single social environment across any application and with the people, information, or discussions they need.
- Moving ahead, the Microsoft SharePoint connector and SAP Jam APIs will no longer be available in the premier edition. If you have already implemented or plan to implement the SharePoint connector through June 30, 2013, you can continue to use the connector for as long as you have a paid Jam edition. After June 30, 2013, a paid SAP Jam upgrade will be required to obtain SharePoint integration or SAP Jam APIs.
Experience social collaboration with the beauty and quality you deserve
- A key area of focus for the last few releases has been to deliver a beautiful and engaging user experience in SAP Jam. Many of the new features -- recommendation tiles for suggesting pertinent documents, people, or groups, folders for organizing content, or the menu enhancements that enable you to get to important groups quickly -- were all designed with the intent of helping you to streamline work, to better engage colleagues and partners, and to drive results.
- Additionally, we’re also focused on ensuring we can continue to deliver a quality service experience. Many customers adopt cloud solutions to take advantage of the economies of scale delivered by such solutions. To ensure that we can continue to meet your expectations, limits are being enabled for storage and groups within SAP Jam, premier edition. Customers are provided with a generous amount of storage (5GB) and the ability to have up to 500 open groups at any one time. Additional storage and groups can be purchased for an incremental fee.
- 2013 should be a very exciting year and we look forward to delivering new features2 and creating new opportunities for SAP Jam to help you streamline your processes, reduce training and onboarding time, and improve employee engagement. We look forward to working with you and welcome your feedback. Should you have any questions, please contact your sales account executive for more information.
Sr. Director, Marketing
1. If you are a customer in the Arizona data center, were actively using the cross-company feature, and require time to transition, you can take advantage of the new external collaboration capabilities until June 30, 2013. You can enable these capabilities by filing a support request. You will have access to the external collaboration capabilities through June 30, 2013. After June 30, 2013, if you would like to continue use of the external collaboration capabilities, a paid SAP Jam upgrade will be required.
2. While not all new features will be available in every edition of SAP Jam, the Jam team is committed to continuing this rapid evolution to bring best-in-class innovations to you.
Have additional questions?
- Please contact your company's sales representative for more information.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To