- Platform Services & Tools
Basic Case Information
- Please be as specific as possible when addressing the fields below during the submission process.
What is happening?
Example: [Known error codes, Form or Template ID = "2012 Performance Review".. ]
What Environment? (Staging or Production)
Where in your application is the issue occurring?
Example: Admin Tools -> Employee files
Who has identified the issue? (Provide usernames, browser info, and operating systems)
When was the issue first reported?
Example: 5:45 AM EST
Additional Best Practices
How Can We Reproduce the Issue?
- Please provide exact steps to replicate and state any known actions taken leading up to the issue.
Importance of Screenshots
- Please attach 'uncropped' desktop screenshots when you are reporting an issue.
- For V11, this can be found if you click the "?" on the top right hand corner of the home page.
- For V12, it’s at the bottom of the page under the “Show version information” link.
Defining the Scope
Key considerations when describing the scope of an issue include:
- How many forms or users are affected?
Please provide username(s), form template, item, etc for those that have an issue, AND, if possible, provide information for a usernames(s) or form that is working correctly.
- Is there any pattern to the users that are affected? (Location, browser, Java version, newly migrated users, operating system, etc.).
Noting Recent Changes
Sometimes recent changes like a data migration, new goal plan configuration, etc. can be somehow related to a current issue. By providing any known recent changes we can more quickly isolate potential causes.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To