- Platform Services & Tools
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is FTP being decommissioned?
- We are decommissioning FTP as a part of our commitment to a continued investment in our SaaS platform, technology, infrastructure, and hardware. This change will allow us to ensure that your data and account credentials are encrypted during transmission, making the file transfer process more secure.
How do I know if I am using SFTP or FTP?
If you are unsure about which File Transfer Protocol you are using, please contact your IT department to confirm.
Does this change affect me if I am already using SFTP?
If you are already using SFTP, there are no changes necessary.
Can I update my custom scripts and begin using SFTP before August 2014?
- Yes, you should make these changes at your earliest convenience before the cut-off date. All data centers will be converted at the same time, globally. There is no option to delay this migration.
Will my accounts and passwords change?
No. Your current account credentials already allow the use of SFTP to transfer files.
Do I need to modify my firewall settings?
- Yes, please contact your IT department and provide the following information:
Enable SFTP, which uses Port 22 for file transfers.
Datacenter SFTP servers
|DC2 Amsterdam||IP: 184.108.40.206||prodftp2.successfactors.eu|
|DC4 Arizona||IP: 220.127.116.11||sftp4.successfactors.com|
|DC8 Ashburn||IP: 18.104.22.168||sftp8.successfactors.com|
|DC10 Australia||IP: 22.214.171.124||sftp10.successfactors.com|
|DC12 St. Leon Rot||IP: 126.96.36.199||sftp012.successfactors.eu|
What do I do to test if SFTP and HTTPS are configured correctly?
- After your IT department has opened up Port 22, you can test the configuration by performing the following steps:
Use a third party utility to test SFTP or a browser that supports https:// to test access with your existing (FTP) username and password by using the above URL for your datacenter (to learn about how to determine your datacenter, please click here). When you log into the server, you should see the standard folders: \incoming, \outgoing, \photos, etc.
- Place a test file onto one of the directories.
- If successful, you have connected with SFTP
- Important: Once you have successfully connected to SFTP, please notify your IT department, or third party provider for file transfer processing, to update any custom scripts you currently use to upload files to SuccessFactors.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To