- Duplicate records.
- More rows of data exported to CSV, than what is seen on the report.
- Suppressed details section appears in the generated CSV file by Crystal Reports.
- When exporting a report to CSV format from Crystal Reports, it generates multiple duplicate records.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Insert a group.
- Insert database fields in the Group Footer or Header section.
- Suppress the Details section.
- Export the report to CSV format.
Notice the is more rows of data in the CSV file, than what is seen on the report.
- By default, when exporting to CSV format, it exports the data as seen in the Details section, therefore this is why the number of rows of data is differenty because only the Group Footer or Header section is displayed on the report.
- On the report, if we were to display the Details section, it will display the same number of rows of data in the report than in the CSV file generated.
- To only export to CSV format the data located in the Group Header or Group Header section, follow the steps below:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Export - Export Report"
- Select Seperated Values (CSV)
- Select "Do not Export" option under "Report and Page Section" on the Separated Values Export Options window.
- Also, Select "Export" option and check the "Isolated Group section box" under "Group section"
- Click on OK.
crystal reports, csv, export csv, export, multiple records, cr, cr2011, cr2013, cr2008 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016