- When browsing field data in Select Expert, all the records from the database is not shown.
- It shows first 500 records only.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Click on Report > Select Expert > Record
- Select the database field and click OK.
- From the drop down list select "is one of".
Note: It will show first 500 values only.
- This is a default value set for the number of records retrieved in select expert from the database.
- All the default values have been set to achieve the best performance of the Crystal Reports.
- The number of field values displayed when using Select Expert or Browse Field Data is determined by the key: "MaxNBrowseValues" in the windows registry.
- MaxNBrowseValues - specifies how many records Crystal Reports browses in your database
Once the conditions have been satisfied for one of these items, Crystal Reports stops browsing the database.
To access the MaxNBrowseValues items in the registry:
- Close SAP Crystal Reports (CR). This ensures the following changes are saved.
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- Type "Regedit", then click OK. This opens the Registry Editor.
Drill down as shown below:
- For SAP Crystal Reports 2011/2013:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SAP BusinessObjects/Suite XI 4.0/Crystal Reports/DatabaseServer
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Business Objects/Suite 12.0/Crystal Reports/DatabaseServer
- Double-click the MaxNBrowseValues item. This opens the Edit DWORD Value dialog box.
- In the Base section, select Decimal.
- In the Value Data box, type in the maximum number of records you want CR to read before stopping and displaying all unique values it found.
- Click OK to save the change.
- On the Registry menu click Exit.
- Restart Windows.
The next time you open Crystal Reports, these changes will be in effect.
Note: If the keys above do not exist, create them manually as DWORD data types in the paths specified above and add the numeric values you would like into the value portion of the key.
crystal reports, CR, select expert, number of records, MAXNBrowseValues , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To