You have scoped the option 'Do you want to use an approval process for purchase orders at item level?" via the Business Configuration and you have also setup the 'Purchase Order Item Level Approvals' approval process with the required conditions and work distributions. Yet, approval is not triggered.
Not all pre requisites are fulfilled for Item Level Approval to take place.
There are several prerequisites for Purchase Order item level approval to happen.
- The scoping question: 'Do you want to use an approval process for purchase orders at item level?' must be selected.
- The activity 'Purchase Order Item Level Approvals' must be added to the project. This is not done automatically when scoping is changed.
- The Approval Specification must be configured via the sub-activity 'Define parameters for purchase order item approval' found under the activity 'Purchase Order Item Level Approvals'. This will define what attributes will trigger item level approval. (quantity, price, cost assignment) Without this, even if the approval process it setup with specific conditions mentioning these parameters, approval will not take place.
- The approval process must be configured via the sub-activity 'Define approval process for purchase order items'. Here more specific conditions can be configured.
- All previous points must be fulfilled for Purchase Order item approval to take place.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To