- Missing tables.
- Can only see some tables.
- Only some tables are visible in the Database Expert in Crystal Reports.
- How to display all the tables in Crystal Reports, when a database have a large numbers of tables?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- In the Database Expert window, it is missing some of the database tables.
- There is multiple reasons why it does not show all the tables:
- The database user does not have rights to see those tables. ( Database Security ); or
- The database filters options used are limiting the tables to display in Crystal Reports; or
- By design, Crystal Reports limits the number of tables to the first 1,000 to ensure it provide a list of tables in a timely manner for the end user.
- If the database user have access to the tables, then verify if there is no Data Explorer filters that limits the number of tables to displays.
- Open Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Options
- In the Options screen, select the tab "Database"
- In the Data Explorer section ensure there is no filter options like "Table Name Like" where set.
- If you know which tables you want to access, you can use those filters to show the desired tables.
- Another option will be to modify the option that limits the number of tables to display in Crystal Reports. To change this setting see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1215994
tbl rpt show limit restriction , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , How To
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016