- Compiling a project that references Crystal Reports assemblies results in the following warning:
CSC : warning CS1762: A reference was created to embedded interop assembly 'c:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel.dll' because of an indirect reference to that assembly created by assembly 'c:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll'. Consider changing the 'Embed Interop Types' property on either assembly.
- SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
- In Visual Studio 2013, using framework 4.0 or higher, there is a new property forReferences that refer to COM objects.
- The property name is "Embed Interop Types".
- Select each of the "CrystalDecisions" references and set the "Embed Interop Types" property to False.
CRVS CR4VS error , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , How To