You are unable to create Budget Queries in the system due to an error message
"Login User must be an employee"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Managing My Area work center.
- Go to Self Services Overview
- Go to Track My Budget Queries view.
- Click on New Budget Query.
- You get an error message "Login User must be an employee"
There are some pre-requisites for using Budget Queries: A Financial Plan should be existing for the Company in the current Financial Year
The financial plan is not present in the system for the current fiscal year for the company and hence you are unable to create the Budget Queries.
First you need to create the financial plan for the current year and you will be able to create the Budget queries without any issues.
Refer to the case document 2109436 - How Budget Queries Work With the New Planning Solution for more details on Budget Queries
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To