You are trying to terminate a relationship with an employee, but the following error message is being displayed :
Cannot Delimit Time File Validity; Employee Times Exist; Cancel Times.
You have checked in Time Administration work center for approved, in approval or active time entry which might overlap with termination date but you did not find any of these maintained. Still, the error message occurs when trying to terminate the relationship with the employee.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Personnel Administration work Center.
- Go to the Regular tasks view.
- Click Terminate Relationship with Employee.
- Select the employee XYZ.
- Click Save.
The following error occurs: Cannot Delimit Time File Validity; Employee Times Exist; Cancel Times.
A manual adjustment has been maintained for a corresponding time account ABC, which is vacation for the upcoming year to the termination. Since the termination date is supposed to be from the current year, this is the reason why you are getting the error message. Since this manual adjustment is no longer required (due to termination), you can remove it and try again to terminate the employment with the employee.
Please perform the following steps:
1. Go to the Time Administration work center.
2. Select the Employees view.
3. Find and Edit the employee XYZ.
4. Go to the Time Account Balances tab.
5. Highlight all the time accounts available in this view.
6. Check the Adjustments sub-tab
7. Remove the manual adjustment for the time accounts that might overlap with the termination date.
8. Save the changes.
Try again terminating the relationship with the employee by adding the same last working day.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To