You create a manual Journal Entry Voucher for Company A and by mistake choose a Profit Center which has been assigned to Company B.
The Journal Entry Voucher creates a posting to Company A though the Profit Center is not assigned to this company.
You expect that such a posting is prevented by the system or that the system throws an error message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open General Ledger Work Center
- Go to Journal Entry Vouchers
- Search for the respective Journal Entry Voucher
- You see that the Journal Entry Voucher for Company A created postings to Profit Center ID XXX
- Open Organizational Management Work Center
- Click on Find
- Enter Profit Center ID XXX
- Confirm with Locate
- You see that Profit Center ID XXX has been assigned to Company B
If you enter a profit center manually when creating a journal entry voucher, no automatic check is performed to determine whether an assignment exists in the organizational structure between the company and the profit center.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To