- Issue was reproduced with both an SSO connection to BICS and a predefined connection
- Issue seems to only occur for the 1st session created in IDT, subsequent connections can be released by following the steps in the resolution or patching
- Issue was reproduced on SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1 Support Pack 4 Patch 3 Information Design Tool
- Issue could not be reproduced on BI 4.1 SP4 Patch 2 or BI 4.1 SP5
Reproducing the Issue
The suspected bug can be reproduced by the following
- restart the SIA or verify that no existing BW session exist from IDT in the CMC > sessions
- Open IDT and login with SAP (creating the 1st session that can be verified as above)
- Create an OLAP connection with SAP BICS client to BW
- Select use Single sign on or use predefined for the connection (entering SAP user and password)
- Test the connection (creates a connection window in IDT)
- Attempts at closing the session, even after closing the connection window will not prevent the error "The repository session cannot be closed because it is still in use"
There seems to be a bug in BI 4.1 SP4 patch 3, but a minor one that also seems to have been fixed in SP5. More details may be released as they are found. The bug causes the 1st session to hang in IDT and it cannot be closed. Subsequent sessions can be closed.
If using BI 4.1 SP4 patch 3, the work around is to close IDT, subsequesn sessions should follow the solutions below
All other patches of BI 4.1 perform the following
- close your connection window in IDT after testing
- If the connection window is not open then double click on the connection to open it, and close it
- Once the connection window is closed you should be able to close your connection (which will end your session in the CMC)
Since the issue only seemed to affect on patch of BI (4.1 SP4 patch 3) and only affected 1 session it has not been rasied for a fix. If it should prove there are further complications or with any business case this issue may be reopened.
zie , KBA , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , Problem