You are creating a New Purchase Order. You see that the field Buyer Responsible is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select New Purchase Order option.
- After you enter the supplier Id, you expect the Buyer Responsible field to be filled automatically by the system.
You can see the Buyer Responsible field is not filled automatically by the system.
The Buyer Responsible field picks the name of the employee who creates the Purchase Order. If a service agent creates the Purchase Order, the system picks the user who is maintained as Employee Responsible for Purchase Orders in Employee Work Distribution. As your user is assigned to the service agent role, you need to maintain the Employee Work Distribution rule.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select Employee Work Distribution view.
- Select Employee Responsible for Purchase Requests and Orders and select Edit button.
- Fill in all the mandatory details.
- Select Check button.
- Select Save and Close button.
Once you have maintained the work distribution rule and create a new purchase order you can see that the Buyer Responsible field is filled by the system automatically with the employee name defined in the Employee Work Distribution rule: Employee Responsible for Purchase Requests and Orders.
KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To