- There are instances when you would need to output an instance's existing successors. A good example would be for when you would need to rebuild the position model of an instance with postion-based planning.
- While there are readily-available resources in Admin Tools to import and export positions, these do not include successors and nominees.
- There is an existing Import Successors function in Admin Tools, but it does not have a counterpart for importing.
However, there is a way of generating such a file: through the use of adhoc reports.
- Successfactors Succession Management
- Successfactors Application
1. Go to Analytics, then Reports (NOTE: Some instances may have the main reporting module as Reports, then the sub-tab as Analytics)
2. Click on Ad Hoc Reports.
3. Click Create New Report.
4. Select Report Definition type Succession (be sure to use the type that matches your environment's succession nomination method).
5. Click Create.
6. Enter a name and description.
7. Click People, then Refine Criteria.
8. Select Other Filters, then Ok.
9. Click Refine Criteria again.
10. Select any of the available filters. For maximum results, choose the top one.
11. Make sure all are selected, then click Ok
12. Click Columns.
13. Click Select Columns.
a. for Role-Person/Incumbent-based nomination, the key columns are Job Code, Incumbent UserID, and Successor UserID.
b. For Position-based planning, be sure to choose Position Code and Successor UserID.
c. remember that for both, you can include additional columns, like Ranking and Readiness.
14. Click Finished.
15. Click Save, then Generate.
16. Click CSV, specify the name, then click Save.
- Succession Management
- Position-based Planning