You create a Purchase Order with purchasing contract as Source Of Supply but the Prices and Product Description are not picked from Contract to Purchase Order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the Purchase Orders view.
- Select New Purchase Order link from Common Tasks.
- Fill in the relevant details in the purchase order.
- Select a Contract from the list of source of supply displayed once you select the Assign Source of Supply button.
You can see that the price value from the contract and the product description is not copied from contract to the purchase order.
Item of the contract is of type Product Category (free text item) with out any product Id and no price is maintained for this line item.
The description maintained for the Item Type Product Category (free text item) is never taken over from the contract as a product description to Purchase order , as it may differ from a specific description of a PO item.
The system is working as designed.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To