You create a supplier invoice with same external document id , supplier and with different invoice date of another supplier invoice. System allows you to post the supplier invoice with out any possible duplicate exception.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select New Invoice with out Purchase Order link under Common Tasks.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields like the External Document id, Invoice Date, Supplier(Similar details as of another supplier invoice)
- Select Post button.
The system allows you to post the supplier invoice without raising any exception for duplicate invoices.
To identify possible duplicate invoices, the system always checks for identical supplier ID, identical external document IDs, and Gross Amount (identical) and the invoice date (of up to 7 days difference either side). Your supplier invoice consists of identical external document IDs, Supplier ID and Invoice date (of up to 7 days difference either side).
If no settings are defined, the following criteria are used by default: External Document IDs(similar), Invoicing Date (up to 7 days difference), Supplier ID (identical), and Gross Amount (identical).
So you can define the additional criteria the system uses to identify possible duplicate invoices by selecting which invoice fields the system compares in the fine tuning activity Supplier Invoice Exceptions.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects.
- Search for the fine tuning activity Supplier Invoice Exceptions using Find.
- Now select the Possible Duplicate.
- Here you can select the field Gross Amount-identical field.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To