- The issue with the notifications is not very easy to investigate and solve especially when the issue is intermittent.
- We need to reproduce a specific example and collect all the relevant information for the investigation, his article explains how to coordinate with Customer Support a test in order to reproduce issues with the email notifications during the routing processes
- Recruiting Management
TEST – Customer STEPS:
- create a new Jeb requisition selecting the same Job Requisition Template of the previous Requisition that had issues with the notifications
- please use the name “Test-TicketNumber” for this Job Requisition
- Fill out all the mandatory field and choose the appropriate Username as actor for this test , we recommend to use test users if you are in Production
- Route the Job Requisition till the step before the steps that has problem
- Update the ticket with the support and provide the information:
a. Company ID, current Username, Requisition number
d. Explain witch username will get the Job requisition in the next steps
e. provide the list of usernames that are supposed to get the Email Notification (it could be more than one, for example: someone in Carbon Copy)
f. clarify and provide the email template you expect to get
g. confirm if we can replace for a very short time the email addresses (please read the step1 below)
At this point the Support will continue the test:
- replace temporary the email address for the users involved on the notification, please clarify if we can do this otherwise we will not change the email addresses and we will just ask to check if you get any email.
- send the document to next step and take immediately the Time Stamp Server
If we do not get any notification (or if the customer does not get any notification) we will request the Email Server Logs and check if that email has been sent at that time to that email address.
Following this process we can easily understand the issue and work on it.
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , How To