- Why is the recruitment report I created have so many duplicates?
- Adhoc reports show many duplicates
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Recruiting Management (RCM)
The short answer is that they are not duplicates:
- The lines appear to be duplicates because you selected to view only a limited about of columns from the table.
- If you extend the view to include all of columns from the used tables you will eventually see the difference in the duplicate lines.
Our data is stored in tables containing groups of data. For example:
- Table 1=Job request fields
- Table 2=application fields
- Table 3=Audit trail information
- Table 4=Operator information
This grouping allows you to select specific data needed to reports from a specific group of data.
However you need to have in mind that the data is exclusive to that table based on the criteria for that group.
This means 2 tables my lead to duplicates because the data is unique to each table.
Let’s take for example you want to report Job Requisition A and this Job Requisition had 3 Applicants and the Job requisition also has 3 Operators (recruiter, hiring manager, VP of HR):
- If you just want a report that shows the Job Requisition ID and the Application ID associated with the Requisition, then you will probably get a report with 3 lines;
- If you want a report with the Job Requisition ID, the Operators and the Application ID associate with the Requesition, then you will probably get a report with 9 lines;
- If you want a report with the Job Requisition ID, the Operator, Application ID and when the last time the application was updated, then you might get more than 9+ results;
- The application last update could be, an operator updating the template, this change will apply to all applications
- Or one candidate updating their application. This will count as one update
- Or an operator moving application in mass, all of these applications will get an last update date
- The lines appear to be duplicates because you selected to view only a limited about of columns from the table;
- If you extend the view to include all of columns from the used tables you will eventually see the difference in the duplicate lines;
- The thing to have in mind is that the more data you include in your report, the most likely you will see so-called duplicates entries, especially if the data is coming from different groups;
- The best approach is report small data sets and then add then to see if the report makes sense, or need additional configuration, such as filters.
SF SuccessFactors Success Factors RCM Recruit Manage multiple dupes copies entries lines rows repeat ad-hoc reports recruiting reports duplicates , KBA , sf recruiting , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, ORD) , How To