- Error occurs when testing connection to SuccessFactors Learning in Plateau Report Designer
- Error detail: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: java.net.UnknownHostException
- SuccessFactors Learning
- Plateau Report Designer (PRD)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an JDBC Data Source to SuccessFactors Learning in PRD.
=>For hosted customer, please refer KBA 2104424 about how to build one connection to hosted stage database in PRD.
- Click Test Connection button.
=>Test failed with error "java.net.UnknownHostException".
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, java.sql.SQLException: java.net.UnknownHostException: <host name>
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
- You must need a Proxy in your network environment to access internet, but it is not configured for PRD to connect to the hosted stage database through a Proxy.
- Go to root directory of PRD (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\PlateauReportDesigner).
- Open file PlateauReportDesigner.ini with a text editing program (e.g. NotePad).
=>By default, you should see the following lines:
- Add the following lines to the file (as appropriate – notations following each line describing when and if it should be included)
-Dhttp.proxySet=true (Required - keep at http regardless if http or https is being used)
(If using http)
-Dhttp.proxyHost=[value of proxy host]
-Dhttp.proxyPort=[value of proxy port]
(If using https)
-Dhttps.proxyHost=[value of proxy host]
-Dhttps.proxyPort=[value of proxy port]
The following should be added is a user id/password combo is required to access the internet via the Proxy.
- For hosted customer, as we use VJDBC url to connect to hosted staging database which includes https, https proxy should be used. So the final file should look like this:
-Dhttps.proxyHost=<replace with proxy host>
-Dhttps.proxyPort=<replace with proxy port>
-Dhttp.proxyUser=<replace with proxy user>
-Dhttp.proxyPassword=<replace with proxy user password>
test connection, PRD, PlateauReportDesigner.ini, proxy, UnknownHostException, LMS, learning, stage, staging, hosted , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem
SuccessFactors Learning 1408