System raises an escalation task Escalation: Assign Supplier to Purchase Request even though purchase order has been already ordered.
Reproducing the Issue
- Got to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to the Purchase Requests view
- Show Open Tasks and select Go
- You can see the task - Assign Supplier to Purchase Request in escalation status
The system raises this escalation task because the due date of the Assign Supplier to Purchase Request task has been reached and the task is not completed. The system escalates the task because the planned ordering date maintained in the purchase request has been reached. The due date of the assign supplier to Purchase request in calculated from the Planned ordered date on the Purchase Request. This type of task always has high priority. The due date is always the same day.
Note: The planned ordered date is a calculated field and value of planned ordered date is derived as below;
- Get default from supply chain and never change it
- Get lead time from purchasing contract if assigned
- Get lead time from product if available
- Take five days before delivery period start date
The task is relevant for the manager who is working on the operational purchasing org unit maintained in the purchase request or any alternative approver for the operational purchasing org unit or cost center. The relevant manager receives this task in the Inbox subview of the Work view of the Home work center. The alternative approvers receive this task in the Approvals view of the Managing My Area work center.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To